'If I were just curious, it would be very hard to say to someone, "I want to come to your house and have you talk to me and tell me the story of your life." I mean people are going to say, "You're crazy." Plus they're going to keep mighty guarded. But the camera is a kind of license. A lot of people, they want to be paid that much attention and that's a reasonable kind of attention to be paid...' Diane Arbus

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Keep a diary for a day: 12th May 2012

On 12th May 1937, in it's founding year, the Mass Observation project called for ordinary people to write a diary of their day's events, it was the day of King George VI's Coronation.

This year on the 12th May, once again the Mass Observation project are collecting diaries of the day's events. Its not the day of a Coronation, so all the more reason to take part if you ask me!

I'm going to submit a diary, and if you want to take part, follow this link to find out how:
http://www.massobs.org.uk/12may.html

No comments:

Post a Comment